- Ensure adherence to a common data format
- Both data creators (nodes) and data processors (aggregators) use JSON Schema(opens new window) for defining and validating the structure of data.
- Prioritize decentralized storage solutions
- Nodes would ideally host their own data in order to retain control of it, but hosting platforms can also provide this service (the Profile Generator provides such a service, which can be replicated by others).
- Future enhancements could include leveraging IPFS(opens new window) to replicate data and distribute it across the Murmurations network of nodes and aggregators.
- Make Murmurations accessible to the widest audience possible
- Make sure user-facing apps are fast, and still functional even when operating under poor network conditions.
- Leverage edge storage and computing whenever possible to keep data close to users.
- Test user interfaces with screen readers and ensure best practices for accessibility.
- Must use open source software
- All the software we build ourselves is open source under the GPLv3 License
- Make deployment simple and reliable, and scalable
- We use Kubernetes(opens new window) to build and manage our production and test environments
- We have a continuous deployment pipeline for our test environment with automated end-to-end tests that are run for every PR and commit to our
- We leverage frontend deployment tools like Vercel(opens new window) to quickly deploy user-facing apps
Click here to open the diagram and zoom in